Here you will find a collection of links to websites about psychology, mental health, and wellbeing. There is so much information on the internet these days that it can be quite overwhelming and bewildering for many people to find accurate and helpful content. These are just a few of the websites that we and our clients have found useful and it is by no means exhaustive. When we come across other useful sites, we will add them to this list.
Depression and Anxiety
- Beyond Blue
- Centre for Clinical Interventions – This West Australian government site has self-help workbooks and information sheets on many common psychological problems. Sometimes our clients like to work through the workbooks in collaboration with their psychologist.
General Mental Health
- SANE Australia – This website of a prominent mental health advocacy and outreach charity has loads of factsheets about common psychological disorders.
- Authentic Happiness – The website of Martin Seligman, founder of Positive Psychology. Here you will find heaps of information about fostering happiness and psychological wellbeing in your life, as well as some useful questionnaires
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- ACT Mindfully – This is the website of Russ Harris, a well-known Australian ACT practitioner and author of The Happiness Trap. It explains ACT reasonably well and has other useful links and resources.
- The Australian Psychological Society - The official website of the APS.
Crisis and Helplines